- Over 50 percent of the students now in US colleges and universities receive some kind of financial aid.
- Student cost "educational expenses" before financial aid for freshman year which includes: fees, books and supplies, housing, food, personal expenses and transpertation.
- Financial Aid=monetary assistance available to students with financial need use to pay for part or all of their education.
- Need=the difference between your educational expenses and the amount of money you and your family can afford to pay.
- 2/3 of the Federal Aid is in the form of loans or tax breaks.